Shearing & Hoof Trimming
Certified shearing and trained in wool handling by the American Sheep Industry Association. Limited availability—call well in advance to schedule your flock.
Animals must be completely dry and off feed for 12 hours prior to shearing. Please have animals contained in a small pen near the shearing floor prior to our arrival. The shearing floor should be clean, flat and level, and well lit but out of direct sunlight.
Set-Up Fee (covers gas, travel time, and blade sharpening expenses):
- $25 if within 30 minutes of Amissville, Virginia
- $45 if within 1 hour of Amissville, Virginia
- 1 – 3 Sheep/Goats: $30
- 4 – 20 Sheep: $8 each
- 4-20 Goats: $10 each
- 21+ Sheep/Goats: call to check availability
- Llamas, Alpacas: $25 each
- Hoof Trimming: $3/animal (only offered in addition to shearing)